I (Paul Lancaster) am a 35yr old digital marketing and social media professional with 14yrs experience working in a range of IT/web roles for blue chip companies including Sage, British Airways, BT Broadband and Shell (see below).
For the past 7yrs I’ve been working for PNE Group, a not-for-profit local enterprise agency in Newcastle/Gateshead that helps individuals, businesses and voluntary organisations reach their potential. In January 2009, I became Web Development Executive for Shell LiveWIRE, ‘the UK’s biggest online community for young entrepreneurs’, which has made me passionate about supporting small businesses, particularly tech startups.
This experience has also inspired me to start my own part-time digital marketing, social media and PR consultancy (Plan Digital) in June 2012 so that I could share my skills and expertise with even more businesses directly and help me better understand what it was like to be a startup myself.
Other notable roles and projects include:
- ‘Technology Ambassador’ for the CIM North East of England Regional Board
- Board member of the CIM Technology Market Interest Group (TMIG)
- Organiser of the first international ‘No Email Day‘ on 11/11/11. (The 2nd is due to take place on 12/12/12)
- Founder/Host of PostOffice – free, after work networking events and co-working days for North East
developers, designers and tech startup founders
- Columnist for ‘Upmarket‘ US-based online business and personal development magazine
- Mentor for Startup Weekend Newcastle and the Springboard London tech accelerator programme
- Street Team Member of Seth Godin’s The Domino Project – a global list of influential bloggers and digital
thinkers helping to change the face of publishing
- Guest lecturer on Social Media and Digital Marketing for Newcastle University, the University of Leeds and Leeds Metropolitan University
To find out more, please download my LinkedIn profile (.PDF) which includes recommendations for my work.