As a passionate supporter of the UK start-up scene (especially in the North East), I (re)joined Newcastle-based FTSE-100 software company Sage (UK) Limited as ‘Content & Social Media Specialist’ in November 2012.
Since then, my role has been to drive traffic to the Sage One website and bring Sage even closer to the start-ups and small businesses they support.
Prior to joining Sage, I spent 4yrs at Shell LiveWIRE, one of the UK’s longest running youth enterprise schemes funded by Shell, worked with Seth Godin on his Domino Project publishing imprint, introduced the first annual ‘No Email Day’ on 11/11/11 and hosted weekly tech events at PostOffice in Newcastle.
In late 2012 I started doing freelance digital marketing, social media & content creation under the Plan Digital UK name and my ‘Small Business Marketing For Dummies’ book was published by Wiley in December 2013.
Other notable roles and projects include:
- ‘Technology Ambassador’ for the CIM North East of England Regional Board
- Board member of the CIM Technology Market Interest Group (TMIG)
- Organiser of the first international ‘No Email Day‘ on 11/11/11. (The 2nd is due to take place on 12/12/12)
- Founder/Host of PostOffice – free, after work networking events and co-working days for North East
developers, designers and tech startup founders
- Columnist for ‘Upmarket‘ US-based online business and personal development magazine
- Mentor for Startup Weekend Newcastle and the Springboard London tech accelerator programme
- Street Team Member of Seth Godin’s The Domino Project – a global list of influential bloggers and digital
thinkers helping to change the face of publishing
- Guest lecturer on Social Media and Digital Marketing for Newcastle University, the University of Leeds and Leeds Metropolitan University
To see all my LinkedIn recommendations for my work visit www.linkedin.com/in/lordlancaster