What’s it all about?
The purpose of Founders’ Friday is to provide a platform for new, existing & potential business startup founders in the North East of England to come together with members of the wider business community to share knowledge, insights & support.
Taking place at the Tuspark Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle upon Tyne, the format for Friday 26th April 2019 is as follows:
9am-10am: Arrivals / hot-desking / co-working / networking
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (short talks & presentations on latest business opportunities in the North East & wider UK) by:
- Paul Lancaster (Founder & Director, Founders’ Friday / Plan Digital / Newcastle Startup Week)
- Lizzy Hodcroft & Emma Reilly (Co-Founders, Myndr)
- Charlotte Fox (Innovation Manager, Academic Health Science Network) talking about her efforts to help more innovative tech / digital freelancers, startups & micro businesses work with the NHS including her DigitalCatalyst event on 21 June.
- Colin Tan (Director of Operations, Tuspark Eagle Lab)
11.30am-11.30am: Coffee / Tea Break
11.30am-12.30pm: ‘Startup Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startups to demo what they’re working on at the moment, ask for feedback & offers of support)
- James Rutherford (Founder, Kick Cards)
- Paul Lancaster on Newcastle Startup Week ‘Impact Report’ & overview
1.30pm-3pm: Masterclasses / Q&As on a range of topics to help startup founders grow themselves & their business. This month’s speakers are:
- Sarah Crimmens (Magic Maker / Space Creator / Community Builder) on ‘Burnout – Signs & Coping Mechanisms’
- Grant Murray (Corporate Sales Consultant, Smart Currency Business) talking about being a ‘Boomerang’ who is excited by all the opportunities he sees for starting & growing a business in the North East & how attending Founders’ Friday has opened doors for him.
- Louise Weatherhead (Lawyer in the Data Protection Team at Sintons) presenting her ‘Data Protection overview in respect of app development’.
3pm-4pm: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
4pm-5pm: Drinks at Maldron Hotel Newcastle
We are delighted to have Zoho sponsoring our Founders’ Friday events as they provide everything a small business needs to grow in the form of Making Tax Digital-ready cloud accounting, sales, marketing, CRM, team collaboration tools & more. (Find out more here).