To keep the momentum going after our two highly successful 5-day ‘Newcastle Startup Week‘ festivals in 2017 and 2018, we’ve started running some FREE ‘Founders’ Friday’ events on the last Friday of every month, starting on Friday 27th July.
Photo of Paul Lancaster by Geoff Phillips (Canvas Marketing)
The purpose of these events is to provide a regular home for new, existing & potential business startup founders in the North East to come together with members of the wider business community to share knowledge, gain feedback & support one another.
Taking place at the new Tuspark Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle upon Tyne, the format for Friday 27th July was as follows:
9am-10am: Hot-desking / co-working (or all day if you like)
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (short talks & presentations on opportunities in the Newcastle, North East & UK business community)
- Paul Lancaster (MD, Plan Digital & Newcastle Startup Week)
- Jen Hartley (Head of Tech Sector Strategy for Newcastle, NewcastleGateshead Initiative)
- Rachel Peacock (Tech Specialist, Gateshead Council)
- Colin Tan (Director of Operations, Tuspark Eagle Lab)
11am-12pm: ‘Startup Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startups to demo what they’re working on at the moment, ask for feedback & offers of support)
- Zoe Maylam (Head of Business Relations, Streetaway)
- Emmanuel Enwenede (Co-Founder & CTO, Oowambe)
- WeiTing Huang (Founder & CEO, Busy Backpack)
- Sarah Crimmens (Introducing ‘Men’s Circle’)
12pm-1pm: Lunch (sponsored by Sintons LLP)
1pm-3pm: Guest speakers, masterclasses, workshops & breakout sessions on a range of topics including sales, marketing, business development, funding, leadership, wellbeing, building a team & more
- Lucy Cook (Senior Associate, Sintons LLP) & Luke Philpott (Solicitor, Sintons LLP)
- Geoff Phillips (Director, Canvas Marketing & ex-Marketing Director, Sage)
- James Foster (Transaction & Investment Lead, Accelerated Digital Ventures)
- Lizzy Hodcroft (Founder, The Sweet Beet & Weirdly Relatable)
- Justin Souter (MD, Souter Consulting)
3pm-4pm: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
4pm-5pm: Drinks at a nearby pub/bar!
Want to attend?
Our Founders’ Friday events are due to take place on the last Friday of every month. See when and book your ticket here.