To keep the momentum going after our two highly successful 5-day ‘Newcastle Startup Week‘ festivals in 2017 and 2018, we’ve started running some FREE ‘Founders’ Friday’ events at the Tuspark Eagle Lab co-working space on the last Friday of every month.
Founders’ Friday lunch photo by Steven Brunton
What’s it all about?
The purpose of Founders’ Friday is to provide a regular home for new, existing & potential business startup founders in the North East to come together with members of the wider business community to share knowledge, gain feedback & support one another.
Taking place at the new Tuspark Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle upon Tyne, the format for Friday 31st August is as follows:
9am-10am: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (short talks & presentations on opportunities in the Newcastle, North East & UK business community)
- Paul Lancaster (Founder, Plan Digital & Newcastle Startup Week) & Manoj Ranaweera (Founder & CEO, Techcelerate)
- Andrea Freeman (Founder, STEAMD Symposium)
- Laura Partridge (Innovation Champion, Great Exhibition of the North)
- Wil Benton & Gabi Matic (Ignite)
11am-12pm: ‘Startup Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startups to demo what they’re working on at the moment, ask for feedback & offers of support)
- Abi Moffat (Parakeat)
- Sal Budhwani & Graham Laxton (Rennassance Blockchain)
- Kimberley Stacey (TISKA London)
- Johnson Fernandes (Equiwatt)
12pm-1pm: Lunch (sponsored by Mincoffs)
1pm-3pm: Guest speakers, masterclasses, workshops & breakout sessions on a range of topics including sales, marketing, business development, funding, leadership, wellbeing, building a team & more. This month’s speakers are:
- Jayne Liggett (SaaS Customer Success Expert)
- Neil McIntyre (ProSoftware UK)
- Amair Mohammed (AM Marketing)
- Meg Ellis (Jetpack)
3pm-4pm: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
4pm-5pm: Drinks at a nearby pub/bar!
Want to attend?
Book your FREE ticket by clicking / tapping on the button below: