We run our own events to help grow the startup community in the North East of England and regularly speak at or attend others to help share knowledge and insight about why the region is such a great place to start or grow a business.
Newcastle Startup Week
Launched in 2017, Newcastle Startup Week is an annual, 5-day (& night), multi-venue festival in Newcastle & Gateshead that inspires & helps more people to start or grow their business in the North East of England. Attracting over 600 delegates in 2017 and 2018, each day covers a different theme of ‘Inspiration’, ‘Getting Started’, ‘Funding & Finance’, Growing & Scaling’ & then ‘Keep Going or Pivot?’ Our next one is on 13-17 May 2019.
To keep the momentum going all year round, our Founders’ Friday events take place on the last Friday of every month. The purpose of these events is to give the North East startup community a regular place to come together with members of the wider business world, a platform for new startups and a place where people can learn about the latest opportunities in Newcastle, the North East & across the UK.
Events we’re attending or speaking at include:
- Mediaworks Measurement Matters Digital Breakfast (20th September 2018)
- ‘Social Selling & Influencer Marketing’ by Paul Lancaster for Ryecroft Glenton (27th September 2018)
- Founders’ Friday (28th September 2018)
- Helix Arts AGM (17th October 2018)
- North East Marketing Awards (18th October 2018)
- Dynamites18 Awards (18th October 2018)
- Founders’ Friday (26th October 2018)
- Startup Summit, Edinburgh (31st October 2018)
- Web Summit, Lisbon (5-8th November 2018)
We also recommend keeping an eye on all the #ThisIsMINE (Made In North East) Tweets and regularly referring to the Tech Diary website for the most up-to-date list of tech/digital events and meetups taking place in the North East.