What’s it all about?
The purpose of Founders’ Friday is to provide a platform for new, existing & potential business startup founders in the North East of England to come together with members of the wider business community to share knowledge, insights & support.
Taking place at the Tuspark Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle upon Tyne, the format for Friday 22nd February 2019 is as follows:
9am-10am: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (short talks & presentations on latest business opportunities in the North East & wider UK)
- Paul Lancaster (Founder & Director, Founders’ Friday / Newcastle Startup Week)
- Richard Duncan (Chapter Lead, Startup SAFARI Newcastle Gateshead)
- Jeni Banks (Business Support Specialist, Sunderland Software City)
- Julian Wells (Director, Whitecap Consulting / FinTech North)
11am-11.30am: Coffee / Tea Break
11.30am-12.30pm: ‘Startup Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startups to demo what they’re working on at the moment, ask for feedback & offers of support)
- Angela Ross (Co-Founder, SUB10)
- Michele Fadda (Director, FWLab Ltd)
- Ryan Mottershead (Founder, Veritent)
- Student VCs from Campus Capital
1.30pm-3pm: Masterclasses / Q&As on a range of topics to help startup founders develop both themselves & their business. This month’s speakers are:
- Luke Philpott (Solicitor, Sintons LLP) on ‘Distribution of shares for new businesses’
- Andrew Rowe (Director, Baldwins Accountants) on ‘Preparing for the Making Tax Digital deadline on 1st April’
We are delighted to have Zoho sponsoring our Founders’ Friday events as they provide everything a small business needs to grow in the form of Making Tax Digital-ready cloud accounting, sales, marketing, CRM, team collaboration tools & more. (See full press release).
3pm-4pm: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
4pm-5pm: Drinks at Central Oven & Shaker
Want to attend?
Book your FREE ticket by clicking / tapping on the button below: