After running two 5-day Newcastle Startup Week festivals for 600+ people in May 2017 and May 2018, we’ve been running our monthly Founders’ Friday events for 80-100 people on the last Friday of every month since July 2018.
What’s it all about?
The purpose of Founders’ Friday is to provide a platform for new, existing & potential business startup founders in the North East of England to come together with members of the wider business community to share knowledge, insights & support.
Taking place at the Tuspark Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle upon Tyne, the format for Friday 25th January 2019 is as follows:
9am-10am: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (short talks & presentations on latest opportunities in the North East & wider UK business community)
- Lisa van Heereveld (Marketing & Events Manager, Founders’ Friday & Newcastle Startup Week)
- John Evans & Nick Woodfine (Co-Founders, Code-Operative)
- Dawn Dunn (Marketing & Business Development, North East Fund)
11am-11.30am: Coffee / Tea Break
11.30am-12.30pm: ‘Startup Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startups to demo what they’re working on at the moment, ask for feedback & offers of support)
- Rebecca Marley (Founder, We are Auburn)
- Saul Gowens (Co-Founder, Fair Custodian)
- Steven Glasper (Founder, Roomio)
- Doug Jones & Vikas Kapil (City Sketches)
12.30pm-1.30pm: Lunch (sponsored by Sintons LLP)
1.30pm-3pm: Guest speakers, masterclasses, workshops & breakout sessions on a range of topics to help startup founders develop both themselves & their business. This month’s speakers include:
- Nick Page (Business Strategist/Advisor/Mentor & Ex-Director of Startup Programs, Microsoft)
- Lucy Carlin (Senior Associate, Sintons LLP)
- Dave Black (Co-Founder, Mixed Immersion)
- Lizzy Hodcroft & Emma Reilly (Co-Founders, Myndr)
We are delighted to have Zoho sponsoring our Founders’ Friday events as they provide everything a small business needs to grow in the form of cloud accounting, sales, marketing, CRM, team collaboration tools & more. (See full press release).
3pm-4pm: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
4pm-5pm: Drinks at Central Oven & Shaker
Want to attend?
Book your FREE ticket by clicking / tapping on the button below: