What’s it all about?
The purpose of Founders’ Friday is to provide a regular home for new, existing & potential business startup founders in the North East of England to come together with members of the wider business community to share knowledge, gain feedback & support one another.
Taking place at the Tuspark Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle upon Tyne, the format for Friday 30th November is as follows:
9am-10am: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (short talks & presentations on opportunities in the Newcastle, North East & UK business community)
- Paul Lancaster (Founder & Director, Plan Digital)
- Natalie Novick (Research Editor, Tech.eu & Research Director, Startup Heatmap Europe)
- Graeme Miller (Innovation Manager, Innovation SuperNetwork)
- Ken Arnold (Growth Hub Connector, North East LEP)
11am-11.30am: Coffee / Tea Break
11.30am-12.30pm: ‘Startup Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startups to demo what they’re working on at the moment, ask for feedback & offers of support)
- Jon Waite (Founder, Advertise1)
- Kinga Kaminska (Director, High Arches)
- Gordon Dodd (Strategy Director, Blocknorth)
- Robert Lundgren Jones (Founder & Managing Director, Lungdren Tours)
12.30pm-1.30pm: Lunch (sponsored by Sintons LLP)
- Lucy Carlin (Senior Associate, Sintons LLP) talking about Commercial Contracts / Suppliers Terms & Conditions
- Varun Singh (Head of Marketing, Zoho Books) discussing the growth of Zoho
We are delighted to have Zoho sponsoring our Founders’ Friday events as they provide everything a small business needs to grow in the form of cloud accounting, sales, marketing, CRM, team collaboration tools and much more, and will be helping us provide hands-on advice, support and training to anyone who wants to learn how to use their products!
Sridhar Iyengar, Head of Operations for Zoho, Europe says “Having experienced the entrepreneurial journey ourselves, we truly understand the needs of an entrepreneur. We grew organically over the last 22 years and today 40 million users use our platforms globally! Our efforts in building products have solely been to reduce the technology barrier for any company to grow their business. We are impressed with the founders community in Newcastle and excited to associate our brand with the Founder’s Friday events.” (See full press release).
3pm-4pm: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
4pm-5pm: Drinks at Central Oven & Shaker!
Want to attend?
Book your FREE ticket by clicking / tapping on the button below: