What’s it all about?
The purpose of Founders’ Friday is to provide a regular home for new, existing & potential business startup founders in the North East of England to come together with members of the wider business community to share knowledge, gain feedback & support one another.
Taking place at the Tuspark Eagle Lab co-working & event space on Grainger Street in Newcastle upon Tyne, the format for Friday 28th September is as follows:
9am-10am: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
10am-11am: ‘Insights Briefing’ (short talks & presentations on opportunities in the Newcastle, North East & UK business community)
- Paul Lancaster (Founder & Director, Plan Digital)
- Jamie Hardesty (Entrepreneur Engagement Manager, Tech Nation)
- Lee Carroll (Senior Interaction Designer, Seymourpowell)
- John Adams (Director, BIM Strategy)
11am-11.30am: Coffee / Tea Break
11.30am-12.30pm: ‘Startup Show & Tell’ (an opportunity for local startups to demo what they’re working on at the moment, ask for feedback & offers of support)
- Charles Akanno (Founder & Director, MyMarto)
- Tahmina Begum (Founder, Tahmina Arts)
- Abi Moffat (Founder, Parakeat)
- 30 second delegate pitches
12.30pm-1.30pm: Lunch (sponsored by Sintons LLP)
1.30pm-3pm: Guest speakers, masterclasses, workshops & breakout sessions on a range of topics to help startup founders develop both themselves & their business. This month’s speakers include:
- Matty Hynes (Business Development Manager, Sapere Software Limited) talking about the benefits of using collaboration tools like Trello & Basecamp to manage projects
- Lauren Nicholson (Early Stage Programme Lead, Tech Nation) & Esme Caulfield (Competitions Lead, Tech Nation) doing a deep-dive session on how to make the most from Tech Nation’s Founders’ Network programme & Rising Stars competition.
- Robert Burns (Sintons LLP) talking about dealing with late paying clients & how to get paid faster!
Founders’ Network is a leading peer-to-peer network of early-stage tech founders going through similar experiences, combined with knowledge sharing from experts in the field. All completely free of charge. The programme, designed specifically for founders, is set to (re)launch in September 2018.
3pm-4pm: Hot-desking / co-working / networking
4pm-5pm: Drinks at a nearby pub/bar!
Want to attend?
Book your FREE ticket by clicking / tapping on the button below: